Revenge of the Jones Gang

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 06:03:55 CDT 2007

Thanks to Kent for pointing this out.

I guess nobody bought, or if they bought listened to, the new Kenney Jones album THE JONES GANG - ANY DAY NOW that came out last year. It's available from CD Baby and iTunes. There's a curious song on it called "Where Are You?" that seems to be about something in Kenney's past:

WHERE ARE YOU?

(song opens with swirling, repeated figure on synthesizer)
You can start a fire in an empty room
Say the sky's grey when you know it's blue
There's nothing going on behind those eyes
It's all about you, you can't deny
You know that I won't get fooled again
I missed my boat (vote?), I can't pretend

So tell me, where are you?
Where are you?
Where are you?
Where are you now?

You looked at me as a substitute
Told me lies, couldn't tell the truth
I'm always wrong but you can't explain
I compromise again and again
I'm moving on, no looking back my friends
You see I didn't need you anyway

Where are you, where are you, where are you (repeated in chant form)
I won't get fooled, won't get fooled again

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com