You're a Who Freak if...

Imonecmw at aol.com Imonecmw at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 23:28:31 CDT 2007

Toby:

>Actually, Townshend Davis (middle name for Miles Davis) Elwin

I like that!

Jon:

>1.  You can't hear anymore.

Huh?

>This reminds me of the infamous 2002 IGTC  Boston gathering  at  Jeff's
place
where many faces were put to the names I knew online  for the  first time.
Mrs. H, who is very witty, fun, and  gracious, about hit  me with a frying
pan

I wish it had been a rolling pin ;-).

>when I asked if their new little boy was named after   Pete.

That's funny, all this time I thought he was!  Huh.  Must have  assumed it.
I guess we're Who freaks for thinking it.

1.  In 1982 you send over 500 postcards to MTV hoping to win their  contest
to see The Who's farewell show in Toronto, receive  Pete's autographed guitar,
and meet the band.  (The guy who won didn't  even seem to care!)

2.  You schedule a vacation in Florida to coincide with the Who show  there
but deliberately wait until the day AFTER the show to do your scuba  diving,
just in case something should go wrong.  Wouldn't it be a  bitch to die the day
before a Who show?!

3.  Your neighbors say they know it's you by the unique,  melodic bass line
coming from your car, as opposed to the typical steady  thump-thump-thump
coming from others'.

4.  On a number of occasions you've put a Who video into the  player just to
check a specific thing and got so mesmerized that  before you knew it you had
watched the whole thing standing right  there in front of the TV.

5.  You steal the words THE and WHO off a giant "magnetic poetry"  display.

6.  You make sure your connection at DMV assigns you a license plate  number
that only a Who fan could appreciate.

7.  When someone mentions Clark Kent, you don't think Superman,  you think
Garth Brooks (see Pete on VH-1 Storytellers).

8.  You know a doctor named Pete Townsend but always spell  his name wrong.

9.  You need an iPod devoted entirely to Who.

Cynthia