You're a Who Freak if...
Imonecmw at aol.com
Imonecmw at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 23:28:31 CDT 2007
>Actually, Townshend Davis (middle name for Miles Davis) Elwin
I like that!
>1. You can't hear anymore.
>This reminds me of the infamous 2002 IGTC Boston gathering at Jeff's
where many faces were put to the names I knew online for the first time.
Mrs. H, who is very witty, fun, and gracious, about hit me with a frying
I wish it had been a rolling pin ;-).
>when I asked if their new little boy was named after Pete.
That's funny, all this time I thought he was! Huh. Must have assumed it.
I guess we're Who freaks for thinking it.
1. In 1982 you send over 500 postcards to MTV hoping to win their contest
to see The Who's farewell show in Toronto, receive Pete's autographed guitar,
and meet the band. (The guy who won didn't even seem to care!)
2. You schedule a vacation in Florida to coincide with the Who show there
but deliberately wait until the day AFTER the show to do your scuba diving,
just in case something should go wrong. Wouldn't it be a bitch to die the day
before a Who show?!
3. Your neighbors say they know it's you by the unique, melodic bass line
coming from your car, as opposed to the typical steady thump-thump-thump
coming from others'.
4. On a number of occasions you've put a Who video into the player just to
check a specific thing and got so mesmerized that before you knew it you had
watched the whole thing standing right there in front of the TV.
5. You steal the words THE and WHO off a giant "magnetic poetry" display.
6. You make sure your connection at DMV assigns you a license plate number
that only a Who fan could appreciate.
7. When someone mentions Clark Kent, you don't think Superman, you think
Garth Brooks (see Pete on VH-1 Storytellers).
8. You know a doctor named Pete Townsend but always spell his name wrong.
9. You need an iPod devoted entirely to Who.
************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com
More information about the TheWho