who show question

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Oct 9 00:09:26 CDT 2007

> I was listening to a CD boot I have and came across a live version of
> "tommy's holiday camp" with some playful bickering at the beginning
> between keith and the rest of the band. roger announces something
> and keith interupts, "well, screw 'ya then! you're not gonna let me do
> my uncle ernie bit.." and you hear the band like trying to work out the
> chords at the last minute, and keith asking, "what was the one you
> suggested rog?" etc.   anyone know what show this is from? just curious.

Man, that's on the HORTON HEARS THE WHO boot.  Bruce, which
show is that from?  Is it Kilburn?

Great piece of Who humor.  Keith goes to introduce "Uncle Ernie" but
Daltrey is already starting to introduce something else.

Then, after Moon's "Screw you then!" he says to Daltrey, "Bucket if I'm
gonna play your 'Shakin' All Over!'" (!)   ;-)

Pete attempts to refresh his memory regarding the proper "Uncle Ernie"
riff &, after an awkward silence, Daltrey says, "Hang on, we'll just learn it."

Then, Moon, in a timid voice & using perfect comic timing says, "What
was the one you suggested, Rog?"

Classic!

- SCHRADE in Akron