Who at Glastonbury not fun for Jagger

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 09:50:35 CDT 2007

>From Yahoo! Music News:
http://tinyurl.com/2ttucr

Jagger vs Glasto
(Wednesday October 03, 2007 12:22 AM)

Mick Jagger has revealed that The Rolling Stones have no interest in playing Glastonbury, after seeing The Who at the festival this summer.

The rock legend is understood to have demanded £1 million to appear at the Somerset gathering in June, which organiser Michael Eavis rejected.

Jagger has now revealed he watched Roger Daltrey and Keith Townshend [?!?] headline the final night of the event in June and did not like what he saw.

He explained: "I don't want to play Glastonbury on the Sunday night in the pouring rain, which is what The Who did this year.

"I was watching it on the telly, and my kids were there. I'm on the phone saying 'It's awful'. They said it's really fun, but it didn't look fun to me."

In a new interview, Jagger also told the BBC The Stones have "got no plans to stop" recording and playing live.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com