Josh Ritter meets The Who

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 05:56:15 CST 2007

>From HotPress.com:
http://www.hotpress.com/news/4270708.html

Josh Ritter to appear on 'Later... with Jools Holland'

A starstruck Josh Ritter has spoken to Hot Press about playing alongside The Who.

The Idaho lad was sharing the billing with the rock legends on the latest edition of Jools Holland's Later... live music programme on BBC2.

"I really had to pinch myself when I appeared with The Who," he said. "I'm a guy from Nowheresville, USA and here's one of the greatest bands of all time on the stage next to us watching us play. I thought 'Perhaps I should do some windmill arm actions or smash my guitar into the amplifier in their honour'. If you're following The Who, you want to rock! In the end I just made a complete idiot of myself when Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey waved and - God knows why - I flashed them a heavy metal devil's horn salute in response. That's going to give me nightmares for the rest of the year."

Josh's appearance on Later... alongside Reverend And The Makers, Larry Harlow, Stephanie Dosen, Bela Fleck and of course The Who goes out on BBC2 this Friday at 11:35pm.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com