VFABP

Lowgens02 at aol.com Lowgens02 at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 20:11:50 CST 2007

Thank you for the review Bruce.Good job as usual.  ~~ Mike S

In a message dated 11/26/2007 5:47:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bkawak at charter.net writes:

got my  copy of the View From a Backstage Pass today.  All tracks in stereo
as  far as I can tell.  I love it, for the most part everything is a Leeds  mix
(Pete right, John left)

Disc One

Fortune Teller Recorded at  The Grande Ballroom, Dearborn Michigan October
12th 1969 (A bonfire survivor!  :) )

Happy Jack, I'm A Boy, A Quick One Recorded at City Hall, Hull  February 15th
1970
(there is some echo, not sure if was added, venue is  about the same as Leeds
Uni)

Magic Bus Recorded at Mammoth Gardens,  Denver, Colorado June 9th 1970
(No tempo change for first 10m!   Finally Moon can stand it anymore and
pounds his snare like a machine gun  until the rest join in on a tempo change. A
little tape hiss at the  start.)

I Can't Explain, Substitute, My Wife, Behind Blue Eyes,  Bargain, Baby You
Don't Do It Recorded at Civic Auditorium, San Francisco,  California, December
13th 1971
(All previously released songs complete,  some with added song intros.  This
show HAS to released complete someday,  sounds better han ever!)

Disc Two

The Punk And The Godfather,  5.15, Won't Get Fooled Again Recorded at The
Capital Centre, Largo, Maryland,  December 6th 1973
(Listed as Largo, Joe G. throws hand up. :) Punk is from  DC, matching the
version streaming on Wolfgangs Vault.  There is a small  edit where the band
muff the end of the song.  5:15 likewise is from DC  the intro is not the one
from the KBFH which mentions Philly by name.   Now it gets interesting, I am
fairly certain WGFA is the KBFH version from  Philly not DC as listed.  I can't
find any part of the song that doesn't  match the well known KBFH version. I
also compared it to the Philly audience  recording.  If it is Philly there is a
small edit just before the song  starts where the synth tape starts  and
restarts quickly, this was also  edited out for broadcast.)

Young Man Blues, Tattoo, Boris The Spider,  Naked Eye/Let's See Action/My
Generation Blues Recorded at Charlton Athletic  Football Club, South London, May
18th 1974
(Dry mix, no echo or delay like  the BBC TV broadcast)

Squeeze Box, Dreaming From The Waist, Fiddle  About, Pinball Wizard, I'm
Free, Tommy's Holiday Camp, We're Not Gonna Take  It, See Me, Feel Me/Listening To
You Recorded at Vetch Field, Swansea, Wales,  June 12th 1976
(All previously released tracks complete)

Cardboard  sleeves and booklet in a slipcase.
Produced by Bob Pridden
Compiled and  Mastered by Jon Astley
Mixed by Bob Pridden and Sean  Witt