I see him dancing across the ballroom...

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 24 08:18:34 CST 2007

>From the Daily Mirror:
http://tinyurl.com/3yho9f

Pete was a ballet dancer
By Mark Jefferies 24/11/2007

The Who guitar wildman Pete Townshend has revealed he once trained as a ballet dancer.

The rock legend is famed for his energetic "windmill" routine in the band's awesome live performances.

But the 62-year-old confesses: "I did a short stint as a sort of Billy Elliot. My father wasn't keen and the ballet mistress beat me."

Townshend also tells Record Collector the band could have made a lot more albums - but he chose to put his family ahead of music.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com