Who to play Holland

jimthewhofan at aol.com jimthewhofan at aol.com
Tue Nov 20 05:46:26 CST 2007

>>I love the the Q and A when Pete said that if if The Who make another
album, he'll probably play most of it again.<<

Then it'll be even less of Who album than EW is.

>>People love the Who because of what they do on stage, and the albums
that at least somewhat represented their live sound were successful,
and the ones that don't are not. How damn hard is that to figure out?
Pete said the sales for Endless Wire were just okay...gee...why
wouldn't people want to shell out money for stuff like In The Ether
and Marty Robbins, or great songs like Sound Round or Mirror Door that
are either cut in half, or have wimpy guitar parts. The man can play
incredible guitar at a show, but plays like Gordon Fucking Lightfoot
in the studio.<<

I think what it is is that Pete-on-stage is STILL far different from Pete-in-studio.

This may be true as far as back as 1975. Certainly it's true during the post-Keith
era. Pete does not get the same immediate feedback from an audience in the studio...
cause the audience ain't there LOL.

And I still remain amazed at how many people fall all over themselves loving
EW and still trash FD and IH.

But anyway, the proof will be in the pudding, I guess. Frankly, I'd like to see
get Peter Huntington back and work with him again.