Murray Lerner NOT at Fault

Bruce bkawak at charter.net
Fri Nov 9 15:37:59 CST 2007

> Hello all-
>
> I taked to Murray Lerner by phone at his NYC  office.
> I obtained his number by doing a google search.
> He says that he wanted London Coliseum 69 or
> Kilburn 77 to be the bonus disc and has no idea
> why Ben Holden of Spitfire Pix did not go with
> those despite his(Murray) vote for them.  I am
> awaiting Ben Holden's phone call to see if there
> is a future release in the cards for those.
>

> Mike S

Didn't they say Kilburn would be a standalone release sooner than later at
the Toronto premiere?

I think Murray was highjacked by the VH1 gang.  The powers that be probably
thought it was taking too long with too much effort and money.  They just
wanted anything out regardless of quality.  Just slap together a Behind the
Music or Legends program and be done with it.  What they ended up with could
have been done start to finish in 6-8 months.

Bruce