Roger: Spice Girls aren't a band

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 06:48:17 CST 2007

Obvious I know but The Sun seems to find it news:
http://tinyurl.com/2zpat5

Daltrey: Spices aren't a band

THE WHO frontman ROGER DALTREY has mocked the SPICE GIRLS’ huge comeback tour.

The legendary rocker sniped: “They’re not a band. I don’t like all-boy bands — and I certainly don’t like all-girl bands.”

Roger was speaking at the DVD launch of Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who, at London’s Kensington Odeon.

The rock gods are considering their future having finished their own comeback tour.

Guitarist PETE TOWNSHEND said: “We could play Vegas or do an unplugged event.”

Roger also revealed he only owned one “fringe” jacket, part of his famous look in the Seventies — and never washed it.

Does that explain turning his nose up at the Spices?

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com