Amazing Journey

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Nov 6 16:05:35 CST 2007

Got my copy this morning.  $22.99 at Bust Buy.  Didn't try the
coupon trick.  The store had a ton of them on the shelves.  I got
there real early.

Watched the main movie.  Enjoyed it for the most part but it did
seem rushed at times.  Despite its 2 hours it's a very basic overview
of the band's history.  Now I understand Jon's comment after he
saw the NY screening when he said he had "seen it all before."

However....there was enough new footage to keep me glued to
the screen & this really excited me. (!)  The "playing a vinyl record"
aspect was a good idea & gave it a cohesiveness.

The sound didn't seem accurately synced at times.  That, along
with the film's brevity, were the only things that really bothered me.

The conclusion examining the new relationship between Pete &
Roger was nice.  And the emphasis on how the Who's music was
so cathartic at the Concert For New York really drove home how
important the band is.

GRADE:  B

Now, onto the Six Quick Ones....

- SCHRADE in Akron