AJ cheap and duration of movie

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Tue Nov 6 10:58:10 CST 2007

>From: Alan McKendree <amck at thenetdr.com>
>Subject: Re: Get Amazing Journey cheaper at Best Buy
>
>> Best Buy ($22.99) will price match the competition. Circuit City
>> has it for $17.99 just take their flyer to BB with you when you go.
>
>What, Best Buy doesn't have the wits to point out you're getting an
>exclusive 3rd disc for the extra $5?

The Best Buy in Burlington (Williston) Vermont.
Keep in mind, that it's not the corporation you'll be dealing with, it
will be a teen making minimum wage and knowing nothing about the DVD.

Thanks Bruce, for the tip.
I owe you a beer if out paths should ever cross.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade at akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: Amazing Journey DVD details (spoiler alert)
>
>I still haven't seen AJ (with sound!) but I share the same trepidation
stated in your comments above.  I, too, wish
>someone would make a kick-ass six- or eight-hour documentary on The
Who!  Something that really takes its time & digs
>deep.  >After all....this is The Who we're talking about.  A main
pillar in the triumvirate of Rock (Beatles, Stones, Who).

Well, with the "6 quick ones" disc you do get 4 hours.
I started watching the quick ones.
Got as far as Pete, on the musical backgrounds.
Spent a bunch of time on Roger, and then very little on John, and a good
amount on Pete.
MORE TIME ON JOHN, for crying out loud!
The story part by Curbishly and others was very interesting, but I agree
that I really didn't want to sit and listen to Noel G. wax on.
Why is he given so much time? (no need to answer)

>Watching it on VH1 at that bar, I noticed the post WHO'S NEXT content
>flashed by very quickly.

Yeah, the movie moved into lightspeed with the post Tommy material.
That's unfortunate.
WN, Lifehouse, Quad, and all the struggles after Moon's death deserved
much more time.

Looking forward to watching the actual DVD of the main movie.

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: