Amazing Journey DVD details (spoiler alert)

Paul Gareth Thomas larfin_gravy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 09:44:15 CDT 2007

Only 7 minutes of footage from the Railway Hotel? Damnation! And if the remaining footage has no sound, I thought the "Marquee 1964" tape had been proven to be the soundtrack from the Railway film, so surely they could've synced it up?
And if not, WE DON'T MIND!!! Show us all the footage. What are you saving it for? Presumably it's now left to bootleggers to do this for us, as with the Purple Hearts And Power Chords DVD etc.
Grrr... Is anybody else of the opinion that the meat and potatoes of any music DVD should be what the band/artist is known for, ie. music and footage of them playing it live, and that interviews should be the bonus extras? Do I really need Noel Gallagher telling me ABOUT The Who? Surely the best thing is to SHOW US THE WHO? Complete performances, not chopped up clips. Endless talking heads are the bane of modern documentaries. That's why The Kids Are Alright scores high - minimal clips, maximum music.
As Frank Zappa said "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture".
Paul