Roger stops swinging

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 06:36:14 CDT 2007

>From Contact Music:
http://tinyurl.com/2wqlg8

DALTREY RETIRES MICROPHONE-SWINGING

ROGER DALTREY's failing eyesight has ended the rocker's trademark microphone-swinging stage antics. The Who frontman worries he'll look foolish if her hurls a microphone into the air and then loses it in the lights. And, after almost blinding Gary Glitter during rehearsals for The Who's Quadrophenia shows in London a decade ago - when he hit him with a stray mic - Daltrey has decided to retire his famous stage technique. He says, "I got very good at it. I could probably have taken a cigarette out of someone's mouth (swinging the microphone). "I wouldn't dare try it now, because I can't see it anymore. I throw it and from then on I'm thinking, `Where's it gone?' and hopefully it'll come back somewhere where I might be able to catch it."

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com