The Zimmers on TV

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Wed May 30 03:37:53 CDT 2007

Scott Keller said:

>According to TV Guide, the Zimmers are scheduled
> to be on Jay Leno next Tuesday, June 5.

The Zimmers are getting a lot of publicity about this single now.  It's been
in the news and BBC documentaries here in the UK.  They've already given a
lot of people an insight into the plight of the elderly.

The My Generation single has been released this week, available from here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Generation-Zimmers/dp/B000PITY7M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/202-3788886-4459067?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1180513517&sr=8-1

or here:

http://tinyurl.com/22qc7h

The comments on Amazon show that a lot of people are buying mutiple copies
of this single, and comparing it to the Bank Aid single.  I wouldn't be
surprised if it goes straight in at Number 1 in the UK singles chart this
weekend.

Which raises the question: has anyone else ever had a number 1 single with a
Who cover?  I can't think of any.  Will this be the first No 1 penned by
Pete?

-MB