Who Misconstrued Lyrics - Dirty Jobs

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Fri May 25 10:41:11 CDT 2007

Hello,

As far as rock bands go, The Who have always clearly annunciated
their lyrics so it was usually easy to understand what they were singing.
There are exceptions to this rule, and to my ear.   While listing to the
Quad demos the other night, I paid particular attention to the demo
version of The Dirty Jobs.    The line, "my karma tells me, you've been screwed
again.", has always sounded to me like, "your father tells me, you've missed
school again."    Even after I read the lyrics and knew the former to be
correct, I couldn't get the other lyric out of my head.

Why is that?

Anyway, does anyone have other Who songs where this might happen?

Joe in Philly