The Last Detective
mbailey at netsolcq.com
Fri May 4 02:17:08 CDT 2007
I watched Roger's latest acting effort last night. He guest starred in ITV's Last Detective, a 90-minute crime drama. Roger played his normal role as a "past-it ex gangster". Similar to his parts in The Bill or CSI. After cutting up his leg in an earlier raid, he now walked with a limp, dragging his leg behind him.
Most of the acting in the show was horrendously bad anyway, so Roger didn't look any worse. His character had a great enthusiasm, which helped make Roger stand out as the show's star.
What surprised me was the number of subtle links to Roger / The Who:
- Roger's character had a friend called Jimmy (the murder victim)
- Roger's other friend was called Billy. He wasn't little, but he did smoke.
- the main character was played by Peter Davision, who played Doctor Who
- Jimmy's wife was played by the actress who played Rose's mum in Doctor Who
- Peter Davision questioned a grass called Rabbit.
- Peter Davision had a flatmate called Mod
- There was a flashback scene, in which a younger actor played Roger's part, with Roger dubbing the voice. Didn't look anything like him, of course. The soundtrack to this part was "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman.
Some of these are just coincidence of course. Mod and Peter Davision are regular characters in the show, for example. But it makes you wonder if the writers were Who fans, and, as Roger was appearing in this episode, crammed as many Who references in as they could.
All in all, it was truly awful program though, which I won't be watching again.
The information contained in this Email message is being transmitted to and is intended only for the use of the individual named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this Email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this Email in error, please immediately notify us by return Email or by telephone (0044 (0) 1403 282300) and destroy this Email message and its attachments.
All currently agreed CQ Systems Ltd Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.
NetSolCQ (CQ Systems Ltd trading as NetSolCQ). Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE West Sussex England. Registered in England No 1998080. VAT:826611533
More information about the TheWho