The Seeker

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsolcq.com
Thu Mar 29 10:04:21 CDT 2007

Joe in Philly said:

> I caught American Beauty last night and noticed that in the scene following Kevin Spacey's character
> jogging to The Seeker, he is in the kitchen humming the song and actually mimes a cymbal crash. Really
> nice Who moment. The song is actually part of the dialog in a way. I just love the beginning of that song.
> Check that, I love the whole song.

Funny, that's the third time I've head the American Beauty soundtrack being mentioned in the last couple of weeks.

It was one of the "50 Best Film Soundtracks" in the Sunday Observer Magazine.  (A stupid list, in my opinion as it was all about films like "The Wizard of Oz"; no mention of any films I would have voted for, like "Quadrophenia", "Tommy", "Reservoir Dogs", "A Scanner Darkly" or "Son of Sam", etc.  It did mention a few good choices though, like "Pulp Fiction", "Trainspotting" and "The Graduate".)

But, this reminded me that "Baba O'Riley" was used throughout the film's trailer.  You may want to try and track that down on YouTube, say.  I'd forgotten about The Seeker being used in the film though.

And in "Heroes" this week, one of the characters said that he had "sat in a car, with his dying wife, just listening to the American Beauty Soundtrack".

-MB

All currently agreed CQ Systems Ltd Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.

NetSolCQ (CQ Systems Ltd trading as NetSolCQ). Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE West Sussex England. Registered in England No 1998080. VAT:826611533