Return to US in August Abandoned

Lowgens02 at aol.com Lowgens02 at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 18:14:59 CDT 2007

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Return to Tampa - Return to London

I'm relaxing in the thumping of the Spring Break in Miami. Windy, rainy, but
nobody cares. The rescheduled Tampa show is tomorrow, and I intend to throw
sparks. Roger seems back closer to his usual self. It must be heaven for him.

For those of you who may feel we should have reschedule our cancelled shows
in Mexico and San Antonio I'm afraid this is not possible as we have a show in
London next weekend. Then a European tour. I hope everyone who bought tickets
is properly compensated. If not contact www.thewhotour.com and let us know
what's happening.

There has been talk of an extension of the current tour in the USA through
August. Under the present uncertain circumstances I have decided it might be
better to abandon this plan, and get the European shows behind us first. I'm
sorry to have raised the hopes of some fans in Vegas and the Northeast, but all
good things must come to an end. The US tour is now two shows away from the end.
Sad, but I'm looking forward to a proper rest in April without the stress of
worrying about Roger's uncertain health.

As I mentioned above, the Who do have an important show as soon as we get
home, at the Royal Albert Hall to close the week of events to raise money for
Teenage Cancer Trust. This is a wonderful way for us to return home, we are sure
of a welcome, and it is our favourite cause.

posted by Pete Townshend at _3:08 PM_
(http://petetownshend-whohe.blogspot.com/2007/03/little-rock-and-rest-of-tour.html)
(http://www2.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=36489831&postID=3874016000750775673)