Earvolution reviews Attic Jam SXSW

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsolcq.com
Fri Mar 23 06:18:05 CDT 2007

Brian quoted:

> [Townshend closed] the show with what he believed to be the first ever public performance
> of "I Can't Reach You" from The Who Sell Out.

I've heard this quoted a few times now, but I don't think Pete was right.  Didn't Petra Haden perform the whole Sell Out album live a few years ago?

> Given the wealth of material at his disposal, the performance of an obscure track from 40 years ago felt a tad
> anticlimactic.

This is such a shame.  Pete does exactly what we've been asking for (ie: surprise us with performing an old unexpected rarity), and then a reviewer goes and chastises him for it.

Hopefully, next time, Pete will try only stick rarities into the middle of his set.  And if there are members of the press in the audience, only end his show with WGFA. (Sarcasm alert.)

-MB

All currently agreed CQ Systems Ltd Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.

NetSolCQ (CQ Systems Ltd trading as NetSolCQ). Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE West Sussex England. Registered in England No 1998080. VAT:826611533