The Truth

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Thu Mar 22 21:34:10 CDT 2007

> From: JOELTLE515 at aol.com
> Date: March 21, 2007 6:23:57 PM CDT
>
> plus, like I had already mentioned, that information about him and
> electricity and all that was provided by a right wing republican
> group.  "colbert
> report" rocks! ; )

Google "Al Gore" and "Generation Investment Management" for plenty of
information NOT from Republicans, on how Gore stands to make a lot of
money by persuading people of the dangers of global warming.  He's in
the process of peddling a second currency, called "carbon credits",
and trying to convince the government to make you buy them with real
money if you want to use more than your government-assigned quota.
If you like that idea, imagine the bureaucratic boondoggle of trying
to assign not only a carbon quota to each US citizen but to each
daily activity.

Carbon emissions are a byproduct of technological civilization, and
the more technology is produced, the more carbon.  The US could have
the carbon footprint of Africa if it had Africa's living standard,
but I doubt that even the 10% of us that would survive under those
conditions would approve of the switch.

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967