Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Wed Mar 21 17:56:56 CDT 2007

>What I want to know is, why after a week he is still getting worse then
>better then worse then better. What kind of shitty medical care is he
>getting?!
>
>-Chris in Cleveland

A fluctuating condition is no reason to assume that Roger's getting
substandard care.  And just to correct someone else's post, it wasn't
bronchitis that Roger had at first, it was bronchial pneumonia, at
least that's what Pete reported.  Then he got a viral infection, and
now as a result he's battling low sodium.  From
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C549291.html :

Because the brain is very sensitive to sodium levels, low sodium
causes symptoms including confusion and lethargy. The patient may
feel nauseated, and experience muscle twitching, which can progress
to seizures.

Symptoms of moderate hyponatremia include tiredness, disorientation,
headache, muscle cramps, and nausea. Severe hyponatremia can lead to
seizures and coma.

There's a good page worth of possible causes.

--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."