Fratellis on playing with Pete

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 05:55:14 CDT 2007

>From The Daily Record, Glasgow
http://tinyurl.com/ypbzxy

They were joined onstage at Stubb's barbecue by one celebrity fan, The Who's legendary guitarist Pete Townshend, for The Spin magazine party - one of dozens of parties held here each day during the festival.

Having played The Who classic The Seeker with the veteran rocker, Jon said: "Pete Townshend playing with us at the Spin party is hilarious and silly.

"We met him at T in the Park and supported The Who at the Roundhouse in Camden. He's a genuinely lovely guy who is abit misunderstood and the first time I met him I didn't quite to know what to think.

"He's Barry's new best pal. Barry gets emailed by Pete Townshend at four in the morning which is nuts because that's his all-time hero. It's something akin to Bob Dylan emailing me.

"He has Pete Townshend emailing him and coming onstage playing with him. It's off the radar and brilliant."

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com