I want it Live!

Kevin and Tania O'Neal kevinandt at gmavt.net
Fri Mar 16 12:08:56 CDT 2007

>Jim M
>I want it Live!
>
>I'm not sure I understand Pete's obsession with this.  If I can't interact
>with the band or other fans, why do I care if it is live or delayed?  If
>they could capture the feeling of being part of a big gathering at a
>concert, then sure.  But, I don't see that happening any time soon.

I think I can help.....

I'll never forget the feeling when Pete's Lifehouse play was webcast.
Why do I think you were in London at the time and missed it?

We all huddled by our computers to listen to this play through the "tunnel
affect" that the internet brought us just some 8 years ago or so (anyone
have the date?).
I felt part of a village....a group.
It was as close to the Lifehouse as I've ever been.
(dork alert!)
It was exciting  !

Now, imagine a live concert by The Who, with Pete and Roger talking to *all*
of us in the venue and on the Endless Wire.
The possibilities are endless and pretty *fucking* exciting.
There could be interaction (interactive).
There could be "Zak cams" like the Ox's bass cam.
There could be focused views on each member and you could jump from one to
the next.
There could be feedback (shudder the thought).
I dunno, but such an experience just seems way cool to me.
With good picture and audio as is now available, I see millions of
households around the world all watching the show on their wide-screen TV's
and dancing around the livingroom.
There could be some vid screens in the venue that are broadcasting some
volunteers at home.
People in countries (Mexico!  Brazil!) who have come close to getting a
show, only to be disappointed, who could finally join in on the fun.
People stationed up in Alaska or down on the South Pole researching to save
this planet from ourselves, could tune in and watch....real time..... with
the rest of us.....and not feel so far away.....just for a few hours in the
Lifehouse.

When you start to think about it, it kind of blows the mind at what could be
done and how fun it could be.

Kevin in VT