The 20 Worst Cover Songs in Pop Music History

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 23:31:27 CDT 2007

In a message dated 3/13/2007 7:58:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com writes:

> Cracked.com posts The 20 Worst Cover Songs in Pop Music History. Includes 2
> count-em 2 Who covers!
> http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=1713

yeah, I'll trust the opinion of a rip-off of "mad" magazine. actually, I
remember enjoying "cracked" when I was younger. why is "downtown train" on that
list? i'm sorry if tom waits' voice is better than rod's.... ::cringes::, yes, I
like madonna's version of "american pie". "it's my life" sounds better than
the original. why is sheryl crow's version of "sweet child o' mine" always on
these "worst cover songs" lists? it's not so bad. what next? "the first cut is
the deepest"? hell, why do you think slash hated the song so much at first?
cause it could easily translate to something someone like sheryl could do.
speakin' of G N'R, if their version of "knockin' on heaven's door" is so bad, how
come the classic rock stations play it more times that friggin' zeppelin?
by the way, why no pat boone or paul anka doing nirvana?