Jon Anderson on opening for The Who

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 06:50:51 CST 2007

No, not this tour. This was back in 1968:
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/16857172.htm

Anderson actually saw The Beatles perform before they hit it big. But it wouldn’t be his last brush with music’s biggest names. In 1968, not long after Yes formed, the band toured with Rod Stewart’s Small Faces and Joe Cocker, opening for The Who.

"Pete Townshend was just writing ‘Tommy’ at the time," Anderson recalled. "He started explaining it to me and sang me a couple of songs in the dressing room. He’s explaining this story and of course I’m stoned and going, ‘I’m talking to Pete Townshend — and he’s talking to me!’ "

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com