Pete Townshend (who he?) - Prologue / setlist

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsolcq.com
Thu Mar 8 03:53:02 CST 2007

A few digests ago, Alan asked me:

> > From: jimthewhofan at aol.com
> > Date: February 28, 2007 12:19:12 PM CST
> >
> >  And "who he" is dumb.
>
> I believe it's a commonly-accepted British expression.  Martin?

Yes, the expression "who is he?" does occasionally get shortened down to just "who he?"

I guess Pete's using it for it's double meaning of both "who is he?" and "The Who is who I am".  If this is supposed to be a pun, it's a little lame.

Using these words without the question mark makes it "this is who I am", which is apt for an autobiography.

-MB

All currently agreed CQ Systems Ltd Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.

NetSolCQ (CQ Systems Ltd trading as NetSolCQ). Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE West Sussex England. Registered in England No 1998080. VAT:826611533