Teenager on "My Generation"

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Mon Mar 5 12:25:13 CST 2007

>Brian Cady
>Teenager on "My Generation"
>
>This tour de force of rebellion against the greater powers, lit
brightly in the sixties and seventies, has retreated into >empty words,
sung by those who retreaed into their suits, proving the flower children
to be more of a 'phase' than a
>revolutionary generation.

Spoken like a young kid who doesn't have to support herself or anyone
else.
What those youngsters don't get is that our society has a 'plan.'
It is only the very rare that can make it in this country without
following the 'plan' laid before them.
THE PLAN:
Go to school, get a job, get married, buy a house, raise kids, save your
money so you can have some fun and also send your kids to school
to.....start it all over again.

Why is it that when you're young, you're too afraid to really speak to
adults to find out what they're going through?
Youth (this one included, at the time) would rather make sweeping
judgments and lump us all into one stereotype.
I haven't worn a suit since the last wedding I attended.
And, like it or not, I have to work to survive.

"get a job and fight to keep it"
"There's a millionaire above you, and you're under his suspicion!"

Ahhhh, to be young and naive.

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: