40th Anniversary Monterey Pop Festival 2CD - Country Joe

Scott Keller shkeller55 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 08:26:14 CDT 2007

Martin:

  They're not one of my own personal favorites but when I was in junior high in the '60s, they were known for their performance at Woodstock where they led the audience in a mock-cheerleading chant, spelling out the F-word ("Give me an 'F', etc.... What's that spell?  What's that spell?")

  Scott

Martin Bailey <mobailey at ntlworld.com> wrote:
  (OK, this is my last post for the morning - I don't want to get accused of
"hogging the list"! Or using it as my own personal blog!)

Scott Schrade said:

> 7. Section 43 - Country Joe & the Fish

I thought it strange, that, out of all the fantastic songs / acts on this
CD, you'd pick out this one.

Didn't you mention "Country Joe & the Fish" in your list of "Great American
Bands" last week? (Or am I remembering it wrongly?)

I admit I've never heard of them. So I gave this song a couple of plays,
"in your honour".

It's an instrumental, right? Are all their songs instrumental? Nice enough
piece of music (in fact, some of the quieter bits are really moving.) Bit
like The Doors minus the Morrison.

Enlighten me - who are this band, and why do you like them so much? Have
they done any other songs that I might know?

-MB