The Times on Wembley

FlashGordon rgordon1276 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 06:57:53 CDT 2007

> Does that include me?  I seem to remember hearing him at Glastonbury,
> saying
> that he invented the Internet too (a la Al Gore).  And then I criticised
> him
> too for it, on this list.
>
> Pete can't say something, and then get annoyed if people repeat it.
> That's
> not "mis-quoting".  That's just Pete forgetting what he'd said, and then
> getting annoyed when people remind him about it.

It's not the repetition that annoys him, it's the misinterpretation.  The
same thing happened with Gore.  They're speaking figuratively, and Pete
sounded like he was joking, too.  So people take what they're
saying literally and attack them because it's not 100 percent accurate.  Do
you think Roger and Pete sabotaged Dame Bassey's helicopter, too?  Where was
The Times on that?