The Times on Wembley

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 29 03:32:17 CDT 2007

> the only anger apparent was when Townshend unleashed the F-word at critics
> he felt had misquoted him at Glastonbury - turns out that he didn't invent
the internet after all.

Does that include me?  I seem to remember hearing him at Glastonbury, saying
that he invented the Internet too (a la Al Gore).  And then I criticised him
too for it, on this list.

Pete can't say something, and then get annoyed if people repeat it.  That's
not "mis-quoting".  That's just Pete forgetting what he'd said, and then
getting annoyed when people remind him about it.

-MB