Random Thoughts

Bill McCue bill_macq at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 10:43:33 CDT 2007

Catching up on old business.

  Kev-O - it's "sphincter," not "svincter."

  HoneyBee - I thought you were going to be too busy with married life to post here any more?

  Roger's voice - I'll believe these fan reports of it being back in trim when I hear a good quality recording from the current tour. Can anyone point me in the right direction (URL) to hear one?

  Johnny Thunders - I've often found that The Ox's bass playing is most impressive when you least expect it. Everyone knows about The Real Me, Punk Meets the Godfather, Dreaming from the Waist and the fantastic bass parts in those songs, but his subtle melodic lines in The Who's more mellow material is just as impressive. I was listening to The Who By Numbers the other day and marvelling at how wonderful the bass playing is throughout the album (in addition to Dreaming...)

  Love,
Mackey