The Age on Glastonbury

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 06:27:22 CDT 2007

http://tinyurl.com/22ppos

The Who closed Britain's massive but muddy Glastonbury festival last night with a hard-rocking stomp in the swamp enveloping the site.
The veteran British godfathers of rock blasted the huge crowd with a 90-minute concert to end the three-day mudfest in the Somerset countryside...

...The Who had never played the festival in its 37-year history, themselves having formed in 1964, but nonetheless topped the bill.

Lasers filled the rainy sky as singer Roger Daltrey swung his microphone in the air in trademark style as Pete Townshend flashed at his golden Fender Stratocaster guitar.

Their set included classics like My Generation, Pinball Wizard, Who Are You, and Won't Get Fooled Again.

The band left the duo alone on stage for their final number, finishing with a simple acoustic duet after what had been a barnstorming performance.

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com
My blog: