Top 3 American Bands

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsolcq.com
Fri Jun 22 02:42:37 CDT 2007

Scott Schrade said:

> Here, here!  The Doors are definitely my favourite American
> band.

They're releasing so many CDs lately!  Quite a blitz.

For years, I just knew the Doors' music from various greatest hits albums.  But lately, they've been re-releasing all their remastered CDs, with bonus tracks, for just £5 GBP.  (Whatever the exchange rate, that equates to "$Not Very Much".)

So I've bought Strange Days and Soft Parade in the last couple of months.  And slowly getting into them.

> They have a *3-CD* live release coming out in a few
> weeks -- Live in Boston, April 10, 1970.  Both shows.  Go
> to their website for more info....

I've got a few of their live CDs, and I'm always hungry for more.  Like The Who, they're better on stage than in the studio.  There's not many bands that I can say that about.  (Hmmm, maybe that's a thread for next week...)

I looked on Amazon for this CD, and it's being released on July 24th.  That's my birthday!  It's a sign!

I've just had a very quick look on www.thedoors.com , but can't find a tracklisting.  (Please let me know if you can find one.) But I did find this Morrison quote, which he made at this concert: "Adolf Hitler is still alive? I slept with her last night."  LOL, in a weird way.

Jon in Mi said:

> The Doors. A truly great band. Four equal members.

I don't think so.  Don't get me wrong, there's three very talented musicians there, but there's only one genius.  Morrison would have been just as successful as a solo artist.

Last week I had the chance to buy tickets to see 2 of the remaining doors ("Riders on The Storm"?).  But, without Morrison - no thanks.

-MB

All currently agreed CQ Systems Ltd Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.

NetSolCQ (CQ Systems Ltd trading as NetSolCQ). Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE West Sussex England. Registered in England No 1998080. VAT:826611533