Top 3 American Bands

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Thu Jun 21 12:32:27 CDT 2007

> The Doors did not last very long but wow what a time
> it was and they are still important.

Here, here!  The Doors are definitely my favorite American
band.  They have a *3-CD* live release coming out in a few
weeks -- Live in Boston, April 10, 1970.  Both shows.  Go
to their website for more info....

And I find it difficult to even *think* of what other American
bands would be comparable to "The British Big Three" -- or
"Four," caving to the Zep lobby.

Even though I don't particularly like his work, Bruce Spring-
steen comes to mind.  But I consider him more of a solo artist.

Beach Boys?  But that seems so long ago.

Ramones?  Outstanding band.  But, let's be honest, sort of
one-dimensional.

Van Halen?  Another great band, but see above.

REM?  Maybe.  But now I'm desperate for a choice.

Oh well....Rule Britannia!!

- SCHRADE in Akron