Top 3 American Bands - Not Hendrix!

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsolcq.com
Thu Jun 21 03:54:12 CDT 2007

Kevin said:

> OH, and we'll take Jimi Hendrix back, thank you very much.  His bands were
> US bands in my book!  :-)

Oooh! I'm going to have to cross swords with you on that one!

He may well have been born in the US, learnt how to play the guitar in the US and began his career in the US.  But:

	*	He was only really discovered in the UK.
	*	He was successful in the UK first.
	*	Band was formed in UK.
	*	Most of his band members (albeit with musical skills secondary to Jimi) were British.
	*	His record company and other business associates - all from UK.

So - I would say that Jimi was "adopted" by the UK.

And the band "Jimi Hendrix Experience" was certainly British.  My "Scientific Formula That Can't Be Argued With" is:

Jimi was 50% British.  Rest of the band 100% British.  I make that: 83% UK, 17% US.

That's more British than most of our tennis players!

-MB

All currently agreed CQ Systems Ltd Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.

NetSolCQ (CQ Systems Ltd trading as NetSolCQ). Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE West Sussex England. Registered in England No 1998080. VAT:826611533