Great U.S. bands

sroundtable at aol.com sroundtable at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 22:48:49 CDT 2007

But, my point is: I'm still struggling to think of great US bands.  Thinking of
 long list of great UK bands is easy.
US music has given the world some great songs, great musical styles, great
ingers - but great bands?  I've really surprised myself to realise: no, not
any.
-MB

Martin:

Couldn't disagree more.  How bout these (in no particular order):

1) Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
2) The Eagles
3) Jefferson Airplane
4) Nirvana
5) Lynyrd Skynrd
6) ZZ Top
7) Van Halen
8) Guns n Roses
9) Bon Jovi
10) Metallica

That doesn't include 2nd tier bands like Styx, Foreigner, Journey and others.

Mc