Moon, surfing, and what we doing questions....

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsolcq.com
Wed Jun 20 03:10:29 CDT 2007

Kevin in VT said:
> I wonder if that perhaps is a cultural thing? We've grown up with Beach Boys since
> as long as I can remember.

Don't get me wrong - I love The Beach Boys, as far as the singles are concerned.  I've got the recent 3-CD compilation, and love nearly every song.

You don't need to be on a California beach to appreciate them (although I'm sure that would help set the right mood - a rainy beach in Worthing just isn't the same).

I would say that the Beach Boys would be in my "3 All-Time Greatest US Bands".  Along with REM and The Doors.

Here's a controversial thought: I couldn't think of any other US group that I would want in my "Top 3 American Bands".  And yet I could think of dozens of UK bands which could fight it out for a place in my "Top 3 UK Bands".

Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Buffalo Springfield, Tenacious D, etc are all OK - but not worthy of being in an "All-Time Greatest" list.  I wouldn't consider Neil Young & Crazy Horse a real band, and he's Canadian anyway.

Anyone else?  What's your "Top 3 American Bands"?

-MB

All currently agreed CQ Systems Ltd Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.

NetSolCQ (CQ Systems Ltd trading as NetSolCQ). Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE West Sussex England. Registered in England No 1998080. VAT:826611533