Moon, surfing, and what we doing questions....

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsolcq.com
Tue Jun 19 08:14:47 CDT 2007

JOELTLE515 said (about Brian Wilson's Smile):

> it's a brilliant album.

I've just put this CD on again.  It took a while to get into (as all "good but weird" albums do), but I certainly like it now.  Surf's Up, Our Prayer, etc are just beautiful.

> I'd recommend brian wilson's "smile" DVD that has the
> documentary on the making of the project and brian and the band performing
> the album in concert in its entirety.  might make you appreciate the album a bit
> more.

I saw that documentary when it shown on the BBC at the time the CD was released.  Lots of singers making harmonies, playing whistles, and making farmyard noises whilst Brian sat sulking in the corner.

I much prefer "Smile" to "Pet Sounds", which I played last night.  The whole world tells me I should love Pet Sounds, as it has wonderful harmonies, and captures the innocence of youth, etc.  But I just don't get it.  Apart from the singles, the songs are dull.  But I feel I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like it.

-MB

All currently agreed CQ Systems Ltd Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.

NetSolCQ (CQ Systems Ltd trading as NetSolCQ). Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE West Sussex England. Registered in England No 1998080. VAT:826611533