Moon, surfing, and what we doing questions....

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sun Jun 17 18:37:14 CDT 2007

> Does anyone know if Keith Moon ever learned to surf?

Doesn't seem like it.  On page 57 of Tony Fletcher's book about
Moon he says of Keith's fascination with surf music & surf culture,
"Neither did the fact that Keith had never surfed deny him entrance
into this largely fabricated world of idealized perfection...."

But if you want to see him on a surfboard, I believe there's a quick
clip of him in TKAA (during "Cobwebs?") lying (laying?) on a surf-
board, on his stomach, on land, acting goofy.

For Moon, I think surfing was like driving.  Frankly, I find it diffi-
cult to even picture Moon surfing....

> What's everyone got in their cd player at the moment?

Country Joe & the Fish (lots).  And Triumph.

> When was the last time you listened to a Who CD and what was it?

I listened to live boot from '69 a couple of weeks back.  I'm still
trying to get rid of the nasty aftertaste of ENDLESS WIRE.

- SCHRADE in Akron