Moon, surfing, and what we doing questions....

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Fri Jun 15 11:57:12 CDT 2007

So, I've been listening to the new Brian Wilson (new like last year)
album Smile, and honestly just can't get through it.
But, I've also gone back and revisited Pet Sounds.  A brilliant album.
And, I recently re-visited the incredible surfing documentary "Riding
Giants" (easily one of the best documentaries ever made on any subject.
Run, don't walk to get it).
The thought struck me about Keith and his love of "beach tunes."

Does anyone know if Keith Moon ever learned to surf?
Given his personality, which fits right into the surf culture, and his
love for beach tunes, and having lived in California for a spell, I'm
curious.
It seems to fit.

Switching gears...
I like to throw these questions out every now and then....
What's everyone got in their cd player at the moment?
When was the last time you listened to a Who CD and what was it?

My answers:
Best of Peter Tosh today, but have been to Beach Boys (see above), Sex
Pistols, Audioslave, Cake, 10,000 Maniacs ( ! ), and New Order over the
past week.  Green Day and The Police were included last week.

Who?
I can't say I've listened to any Who since the last time I listened to
EW, which was several weeks ago.

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: