Mike Myers Moon movie starts shooting in January

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 07:15:49 CDT 2007

>From The Telegraph:
http://tinyurl.com/29n3gt

He's not British, so he might seem at first to be an unlikely choice to portray the Who's notoriously wild rock drummer Keith Moon. But the more the idea sinks in, the more it seems that Michael Myers is ideal for the role.

There is a certain facial resemblance, and Myers has been playing the drums since he was a teenager. But it is the Canadian's love of British humour and Moon's often outrageous behaviour that validates Who vocalist Roger Daltrey's decision to ask him to bring Moon back to life on the screen.

"Roger Daltrey came to see me on the set when I was filming Austin Powers 3 and said they'd like me to play Keith Moon. I felt as if I had been hit by lightning because I've wanted to do that my whole life," says Myers. "I loved the Who, and I loved his drumming, and I'm excited because the world of rock and roll in the '60s and '70s was a fascinating place."

Myers begins filming See Me Feel Me: Keith Moon Naked For Your Pleasure in January...

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com
My blog: