The future (no who)

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 18:02:41 CDT 2007

In a message dated 6/7/2007 1:43:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org writes:

> I think the current gen. is making some strides in moving music in the
> right direction.

see, when I speak, for the most part, I don't waste my words. I said I don't
have MUCH to gloat about, meaning there are some things I'm proud of. like you
pointed out, the music. there's some great bands out there working.
raconteurs, white stripes (led by the same guy. go figure. ha), wolfmother are pretty
good too (though I don't have any of their CDs). there are some other ones that
that radio program "underground garage" has introduced me to. the charms, the
Len price 3 (a modern day who dare I say it), the kaiser chiefs' new album
sounds pretty good. and there are others like the yeah yeah yeahs and the
noisettes who are phenomenal and original.   bravo for you kevin for finding
positivity in the current generation despite your older age. ; )

as far as al gore is concerned, I've said before that whenever a politician
gets involved with something, there's usually something a bit sinister behind
it.  I understand where roger and geldof are coming from, but no one has said
where the energy for the "Live earth" shows are coming from. I read an article
where more and more touring acts are using trucks that supply bio-diesel and
other energy sufficient supplies (only 25% less dangerous. ONLY 25%..), but
what about the shows themselves? they use alot of energy, physically and
electrically.  I mean if you really wanna go "all green", let's get serious. but
there'll probably be something that'll come around and accomodate that. maybe not
now, but we're REALLY under water.