Lerner Film - Fall 2007?

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Jun 5 17:00:41 CDT 2007

Rolling Stone magazine #208, June 14, 2007

==========
Who Footage Unearthed

Two years ago, film maker Murray Lerner sat down with Roger
Daltrey to discuss plans to make the definitive movie on The Who.
"Roger said, 'The problem is that so much of our footage has been
widely seen,'" Lerner says.

So for Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who, Lerner scoured
archives around the world, solicited fan footage via the internet, &
tapped into the underground-bootlegger network.

The search turned up remarkable treasure, from the earliest known
live footage of the band (from 1964, shortly after Keith moon joined)
to a performance of the rarely played "I Can See For Miles" & a
mid-1970s TV interview with Moon taped as he played pinball at
home.

Most exciting is newly unearthed film from their legendary 1970
Valentine's Day gig at Leeds University, recorded as Live at Leeds.
"It's from a guy who claimed he found it at the bottom of a barrel,"
Lerner says.  "He was a Leeds student at the time."  The document-
ary -- which features new interviews with Daltrey, Pete Townshend
& famous fans including Eddie Vedder & the Edge -- hits theaters
this fall.

Well, thank God they changed that original title (Who's Still Who?)
And how many tapes of rare Who footage have been found in the
bottom of barrels, trash bins, or dumpsters?  If you're looking for
Who footage....that's where I'd start.   ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron