The Zimmers - My Generation

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Fri Jun 1 10:01:47 CDT 2007

>known, but others might take it differently. remember that female pop star
>that covered "generation" a while back?

Hilary Duff.  IMO it was an abomination, not least because of her
altering the lyric to "Hope I DON'T die before I get old."...although
I know of at least one fan who defended it ardently, apparently based
on his moppet's love of all things Duff.

>  well, THIS version of it might
>officially bury what's left of it. won't mean anything anymore.
>become a sort of
>novelty item.

Actually, The Zimmers' version is quite an on-target statement of
revolt and defiance by a group that feels it's being shoved aside.
Very much in the spirit of the original.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."