Daltrey does Kashmir

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsolcq.com
Wed Jul 18 07:25:42 CDT 2007

MC said:

> Daltrey does Kashmir

And Debbie does Dallas.

> I found an interesting mp3 of Roger Daltrey and Ann Wilson doing a duet of Kashmir.
> There is little variation on the song other than the vocals.
> I rather enjoyed it. What is this from and when was it recorded?
> Roger's voice sounded circa late 1980s-early 90s.

As people have said, it certainly sounds like it was ripped from the British Rock Symphony CD.  Daltrey really croons his way through this song - lots of Ooooohs in it.

Roger also sings "Let it Be" on the CD with Thelma Houston.  Thelma also does a cracking version of Comfortably Numb.

The CD also includes a cover of 5:15 by Alice Cooper (with a very British accent.)  (Part of the "Celebration Suite")

You can hear samples of the songs here: http://tinyurl.com/2h6l66

Lowgens02 at aol.com quoted the DVD review and  tracklisting:

> Daltrey, who never seems to tire of those Pete Townshend
> songs, sounds great on "You Better You Bet" and "Who Are You," as well as outside
> fare like the Stones' "Street Fighting Man"
> 2. Imagine
> 7. Street Fighting Man

I've never seen the DVD.  I had no idea Roger had covered Street Fighting Man.

Does Roger sing "Imagine" on this DVD too?  I know he sang it on the tour.  I've been trying to get an MP3 of this for a few years now.

Just yesterday, I heard a cover of Imagine by (of all people) Avril Lavigne.  Naturally, I thought it would sound awful, and be a really bad idea.  (How do you cover THE perfect song?)

But I was surprised to hear it sounded wonderful.  It seems as though the song is so good, no one can ruin it.

If anyone knows where I can find an MP3 of Roger singing either Imagine or Street Fighting Man - please share.

Thanks,

-MB

All currently agreed CQ Systems Ltd Terms & Conditions and product and service Warranties are implicitly assumed with this Email.

NetSolCQ (CQ Systems Ltd trading as NetSolCQ). Registered Office Address: Planet House, North Heath Lane, Horsham RH12 5QE West Sussex England. Registered in England No 1998080. VAT:826611533