Daltrey does Kashmir

Lowgens02 at aol.com Lowgens02 at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 18:09:13 CDT 2007

That's a compliment to Roger's voice.This was from the British Rock Symphony
concert in
1999.Fantastic show! I highly recommend adding this to your collection.Check
it out.

_http://www.amazon.com/British-Rock-Symphony-Various-Artists/dp/B00004Y2QH_
(http://www.amazon.com/British-Rock-Symphony-Various-Artists/dp/B00004Y2QH)

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Be honest now: what rock fan hasn't fantasized about one day seeing Alice
Cooper and the Who's Roger Daltrey on stage together, belting out the Rolling
Stones' "Start Me Up" with backing by Pete Townshend's brother, Ringo Starr's
son, and the bombast of a full symphony orchestra? Well, OK, so maybe that
peculiar pairing is no one's idea of rock & roll heaven. But that didn't stop the
producers of this 90-minute outdoor concert from assembling a wildly disparate
cast, ranging from Daltrey, Cooper, and Procol Harum's Gary Brooker to Darlene
Love (best known as the voice of the Crystals' classic "He's a Rebel") and
lesser lights like singers Alvin Fields and Nikki Lamborn, to raise money for the
Let Music Live charity and to celebrate the music of the Beatles, the Stones,
the Who, Led Zeppelin, and others. Some of it is pretty predictable (there's
a feeling of inevitability to "Stairway to Heaven," "With a Little Help from
My Friends," "Pinball Wizard," and others), but there are also moments of
genuine inspiration. Daltrey, who never seems to tire of those Pete Townshend
songs, sounds great on "You Better You Bet" and "Who Are You," as well as outside
fare like the Stones' "Street Fighting Man"; and Love, despite an occasional
tendency to oversing, brings soulful fervor and conviction to the likes of "Ruby
Tuesday." The DVD sound is superb, the visuals are good, and performers and
audience alike seem to be having a good time. Still, aside from the curiosity
(or novelty) factor, one has to wonder why anyone would prefer these versions
to the originals. --Sam Graham

Product Description
IT'S ROCK 'N' ROLL TO ITS CORE!
A symphonic celebration of timeless musical masterpieces from England's
finest rock groups. This program features a full orchestra, gospel choir and
vocalists such as Roger Daltry, Alice Cooper, Paul Young and Darlene Love.
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. Imagine
3. Blackbird
4. Come Together
5. Kashmir
6. Norwegian Wood
7. Street Fighting Man
8. Start Me Up
9. 5:15
10. Ruby Tuesday
11. Stairway to Heaven
12. Conquistador
13. A Whiter Shade of Pale
14. Let It Be
15. Pinball Wizard
16. You Better You Bet
17. Who Are You
18. A Little Help From My Friends

In a message dated 7/16/2007 6:47:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sroundtable at aol.com writes:

> [...]
of Kashmir.? There is little variation on the song other than the vocals.? I
rather enjoyed it.? What is this from and when was it recorded?? Roger's voice
sounded circa late 1980s-early 90s<<<<