the who disappoints phil collins

Lowgens02 at aol.com Lowgens02 at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 23:13:20 CDT 2007

He's fustrated because he signed on for a short tour but they keep adding on
shows and it's
pissing him off that he has to be away from his kids even longer than
expected.

>From Contactmusic.com:

Rocker _PHIL COLLINS_
(http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/collins%20regrets%20comeback_1036826#)  regrets agreeing to reunite with GENESIS,
because the comeback tour has kept him away from his two young sons. The singer has
split with his third wife Orianne Cevey since agreeing to reform the band -
and he hates the way the tour has left him thousands of miles away from
Switzerland, where Cevey lives with their children Nicholas and Matthew. He tells
Mojo, "I'm not interested. My life is in turmoil. Frankly, at the moment I am
living for my two little boys, so this tour is actually a pain in the arse
because I'm away from home. I've been trying to keep it short. "Every time somebody
said we could pay for the tour if we do another four dates, I said no. I
signed on to buy a blue suit: I don't want to end up with a red one."

_http://www.livedaily.com/news/12053.html_
(http://www.livedaily.com/news/12053.html)

Genesis adds new dates to comeback tour

May 4, 2007 03:11 PM
By _Tjames Madison_ (http://www.livedaily.com/contact.html)
LiveDaily Contributor
_Genesis_ (http://www.livedaily.com/artists/6120.html)  [ _tickets_
(http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?keyword=Genesis&CAMEFROM=LD_12053_inlinetext)  ]
has announced a pile of new dates for its first American tour in 15 years,
adding second shows in some markets and including brand new cities in its updated
itinerary.
As reported _previously_
(http://www.livedaily.com/news/Genesis_tour_to_turn_on_America-11643.html) , Genesis will begin the North American segment of its
tour in Toronto, with a newly added second show changing the tour's launch
date to Sept. 5.
The outing--which now includes extended runs in Chicago and Los Angeles-- is
now scheduled to hit 20 cities,. The full schedule is included below.
Anticipation for Genesis' first North American trek in 15 years has been
running high since November, when Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks
announced they would take the "Turn It On Again" tour to venues across Europe
this summer. Before heading to North America, Genesis will play in Finland,
Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Germany, France, Holland, the UK,
Monte Carlo and Italy. European dates are listed at the band's _website_
(http://www.genesis-music.com/) .
Collins, Rutherford and Banks will be joined onstage by longtime Genesis
sidemen Chester Thompson (drums) and Daryl Stuermer (guitar). During a New York
City press conference in March, Collins said there would be a lot of
double-drumming, adding that he and Thompson have been playing together for about 30
years.
The trek has no corporate sponsor, and no guest performers are anticipated.
Genesis will play songs from its large catalog, forgoing material from the
members' solo careers.
To coincide with the tour, 13 Genesis studio albums will be remastered and
reissued in three stages this year. The first set, "Genesis: 1976-1981," is a
five-album collection with bonus material including rare tracks, EPs and
b-sides, according to a press release. The six-CD/six-DVD box set hit stores April 24.

September 2007
5, 7 - Toronto, Ontario - BMO Field
8 - Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena
9 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
11 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden
12 - Albany, NY - Times-Union Center
14 - Montreal, Quebec - Olympic Stadium
15 - Ottawa, Ontario - Scotiabank Place
16 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center
18, 19 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
22 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
23 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
25 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
27 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium
29 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
30 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

October 2007
2-4 - Chicago, IL - United Center
6 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
9 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
10 - Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena
12, 13 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl

In a message dated 7/12/2007 11:28:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JOELTLE515 at aol.com writes:

> [...]
him
away from being with his two young sons, whom he had with his third wife who
is
now seperated from him, saying his life is in turmoil. he said there have
been requests to add more genesis shows in england but he turned them down.
it's
actually sad for me to read this. i'm quite the fan of phil and genesis and
wish them nothing but the best>>>>>