The Dolly Bird

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sat Jul 7 18:58:26 CDT 2007

Just saw this little oddity -- an appendage to Pete's biographical
excerpt of June 3, 2007 on his blog site.

==========
Footnote: Until I have instructions to the contrary I am referring to the
mother of my children, and my almost ex-wife, who I loved very much
indeed for many many years, and still respect deeply, as 'The Dolly Bird".

This was what she was christened by my handsome manager Chris
Stamp, brother of Terence, who was then dating Jean Shrimpton the
hottest model of the period. If they thought my new bird was 'Dolly',
that was good enough for me. And you thought Austin Powers was
entirely inspired by Keith Moon.

I met DB at art college in 1964, first dated in late 1965, and our
relationship built slowly and somewhat awkwardly in the early months
of 1966. DB, as she will henceforth be known - when first she heard I
was writing a memoir - requested, as sometimes we do, to be 'left out
of it if you don't mind'. Left out by name, but not entirely I'm afraid. It
should be clear that DB was and is far more than a mere DB. However,
until she completes her own book, we may be confined to my narrow
view.