dumb atlanta question but..

Bruce bkawak at chartertn.net
Wed Jan 3 20:37:15 CST 2007

> oh. well, why say atlanta if it's in duluth? I never really understood
> that
> with tour dates and names of cities and whatnot. like the bank atlantic
> center
> in fort Lauderdale though tour dates list the city as "sunrise". "east
> rutherford" instead of "secaucus" etc.

Name recognition.  If they listed the actual cities these places are in no
one would know where they were, Duluth, Sunrise, Wantagh, Indian Wells,
Bristow, Noblesville, etc.  I've been to Atlanta more times than most and I
had no clue were Duluth was.  Sometimes they can't even get the state right.
How about a show listed as Philadelphia where the venue is actually in New
Jersey. :)

It's real fun when you collect shows or do concert research.  You have to
know Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ are the same concert. Then you have
things like Largo, Landover, and Washington DC, all the same place.

Bruce